Learning From Smart People.

Every one of us at one point or the other, has met one or two people that are very smart. No matter how introverted you might have been, you have at one point met someone that is very smart.


When I talk about smartness, what do I really mean? Smartness is intelligence as manifested in both quick and witty reasoning skill. A lot of people are good in this area.

Do I consider myself smart too? Yes, I do! I realised this a long time ago.

A very important question that needs answer is, 'What did you learn from the smartest person who ever crossed your path?'

This type of question would generate a lot of different answers and ideas about smart people. This is because the idea of people about smartness is different.

Smart people teach others a lot of things, but most times, people are not aware of their presence, thereby, becoming unaware of great things they have to teach. The reason why this happens is because most times we don't take note of things.


There is absolutely no one you cannot learn from (if you want to). I said 'if you want to' because it all depends on you. If you can train yourself to learn from the least of persons, then it will be easy to learn from the great.

I have met so many smart people in my life that I cannot even count them all. They have things in common, and there is one beautiful thing I've learnt from them, it is called 'Curiosity.'


The hunger for knowledge is a great thing that everyone should possess. It makes you stand out. Think about the likes of Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, and so on.

When I think of Elon Musk, I just smile. He is very unique, he's very smart. He does weird things sometimes, but he sure knows what he's doing. When NASA became annoyed about his giant rocket, he was just calm because he knows the next step to take.

So, as you've read earlier, understand that curiosity is key for progress. Be willing to know more and you will see yourself making progress.

Just as you've learnt something today from this article, do well to share it to others and let them learn too.

I will like to know your thought about learning from others. I told you mine. So, as for you, what did you learn from the smartest person who ever crossed your path?

Comments